View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
DetailersDomain
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Audi S4
DetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond reputeDetailersDomain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottIN View Post
Can I ask a question (since I've got a solid red)?
Mine was swirled pretty bad from the dealer so I hit it with a PC / yellow LC pad and Poorboys 2.5. Followed that up with Poorboys 1.0 on a white pad. Overall, it looked a lot better, but still had a lot of what I've always called RIDS - not full-on swirls, just short marks. I really hated to go as aggressive as 2.5 with it to start with, but I'm kind of at a loss. I can get my Honda paint glass perfect with that combo (or even 2.0 / 1.0), but just can't seem to get the solid red perfect. I use Zaino, so I don't want to use any fillers. Though after 5 coats of Z5 I did top with S100 and it was glass smooth (for a couple weeks at least). I just can't figure this paint out.
Any suggestions?
sure the Zaino and the S100 definitely filled all the rids up after you wash the car a few times those will come back.
you will need to step up the cut and pick up a compound like Meg's M105 with the Surbuf pad or Uber Yellow Pad.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote