View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Phaddi_inc
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z 6spd
Phaddi_inc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfearl1 View Post
Love what you did w/ the Ings lip! I've got the same one from Nextmod in my garage along w/ the Evo-R that you just commented on in my thread. I plastidipped it and that hid some of the imperfections, but it was nowhere near the quality of your finished product.

I'm still undecided what to do w/ mine (the painted Evo-R lip). I really don't feel like messing w/ the body tape if I decide to yank it off after a week or two...
No doubt man, I was back and forth trying to decide between those 2 lips...I liked the idea of the sides color matched and middle CF on that evo. I bought the ings lip from nextmod hoping the finish would be acceptable as is in that matte black finish. Once it arrived I knew I had to paint it, I was going to sand and do a flat black but a buddy convinced me to color match and clear. more of a stock finish rather than an 'add-on'. I used a bit of two way tape on my install, but tbh I didn't need to, not sure about the evo lip instal, but im curious to see what it looks like color matched on a black Z. Your car looks perfect without it too, the spacers and drop are awesome, at that height the stock body lines look sweet.

phaddi_inc
Phaddi_inc is offline   Reply With Quote