View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
nabenson
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z Nismo PW M6
nabenson is on a distinguished road

I did an event in Houston in July without an oil cooler last year. The car managed but I had one installed after that. Oil temps hit the mid-hi 250's. Not terrible with synthetic oil, but it isn't something you want to do for an extended period of time.

For short sessions and lower temps you can get away without a cooler, but I personally wouldn't do it again.

I would also upgrade brake fluid and pads, but wouldn't bother with anything else until you have at least burned through one fluid change and the pads. You will be learning the car still, and thy will probably last a season. I have used the non-nismo pads as well as EBC Yellow. I prefer the yellows due to price and better performance. The OEM pads have a weak bit and fade pretty quickly. That said, they will work fine and you can wait until they a worn out.

Stainless lines are great (I have upgraded to them) but aren't really necessary. They were the last of my brake upgrades and they certainly instill more confidence, but seat time cod the same thing.
nabenson is offline   Reply With Quote