View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 05:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
GingaBreadMan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6spd
GingaBreadMan is on a distinguished road
Default 370z: Driving Impressions

Hey guys. I've decided to give my opinion of the 370z after every 1k miles. I purchased a 370z 6spd Sport with 22 miles on the odometer. I currently have 2k miles and the car is very impressive.
The 370 is quick and nimble making transitions very easy. I am constantly amazed by the handling which continues to breed confidence to take off ramps a little faster. The brakes are phenomenal making triple digit excursions a breeze without worrying granny will limp into your lane. I have noticed the Z doesn't give you a good sense of speed. If it wasn't for the engine screaming like a nagging wife you wouldn't realize you are going as fast as you are. I have learned to appreciate this because it means the vehicle is remaining composed during aggressive driving. I assume the feeling that the 370 is "slow" is due to the fact I'm coming from a CL500 Benz. With 339lb-ft of torque on hand in the Mercedes, I very rarely had to use WOT. I find myself using WOT quite often in the Z. IMO more power is needed for the Z to reach it true potential. I'm looking forward to tuning the Z to see what it is truly capable of.
Guess I'll get back to you a in a couple of months. The Z is not my everyday driver so it will take awhile before 1k miles will be driven.
GingaBreadMan is offline   Reply With Quote