View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Meh, that's fine. I'm on the other side where I haven't experienced or witnessed any abnormal reliability issues assuming proper maintenance. Certainly there is a stigma for poor reliability that dates back to the 80s-90s when the US automakers were slacking off, but that's been over for a long time now. Just about every major manufacturer is on an even playing field when it comes to reliability.

Heck, between my Fjord and my Honduh, the Honduh has to go in for warranty mechanical repairs.
Between your ford and your Honda? What about the statistics between my ford and my NISSAN?

On a serious note....ford has definitely stepped their game up in the last couple years. My mom just got a new explorer (coming from years of driving Hondas) and the car is very impressive. Most of this stuff is cyclical....years of good, years of bad. Honda was on an upswing for quite a while...and has been putting out crap for the last couple years....it will take people a while to catch on.

Ford put out crap for a long time, and as People finally started to catch on, they gradually brought their game back up. I'm no ford fanboy...I buy based on the best value to me. I've owned quite a makes of cars, and have no problems calling it like I see it. I think this particular focus is an overpriced, fwd wrx that is trying to get in with the ms3 in a shrinking segment....but on the whole....ford is very much on top of their game right now.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote