View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #49 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpax View Post
I had told him I was on stock brakes, which can't handle much, and that the Z has an issue with oil cooling and I had no oil cooler ... so therefore I am going to be slow to protect my rig, and us.

I think he forgot all about that after 1 or 2 laps and the race car driver in him took over ... but I think I was just incredibly slow and he was probably getting bored ... I was more concerned with just staying on the track than how fast I was going. I liked him though, I hope I get him again when I go back in June.

Actually in my video when it starts out there is a Corvette ahead of me. That was the second time I had pointed him by LOL.
He was just trying to trying to get you on the correct racing line and braking and accelerating in the correct places. Instructors don't care about speed, they just want consistency, so as long as you are accelerating when he tells you to that is fine - you don't have to be foot to the floor. If you run it in manual mode and then just short shift at 5-5.5k you should be able to prevent overheating at least on a cooler day, plus it will make the car more stable in the turns by being in the correct gear at the start of the corner rather than having it kick down 2-3 gears on exit and risk the rear end stepping out. No need to wring the car's neck when you're not driving flat out.

So when you heading back on track?