View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask a question (since I've got a solid red)?
Mine was swirled pretty bad from the dealer so I hit it with a PC / yellow LC pad and Poorboys 2.5. Followed that up with Poorboys 1.0 on a white pad. Overall, it looked a lot better, but still had a lot of what I've always called RIDS - not full-on swirls, just short marks. I really hated to go as aggressive as 2.5 with it to start with, but I'm kind of at a loss. I can get my Honda paint glass perfect with that combo (or even 2.0 / 1.0), but just can't seem to get the solid red perfect. I use Zaino, so I don't want to use any fillers. Though after 5 coats of Z5 I did top with S100 and it was glass smooth (for a couple weeks at least). I just can't figure this paint out.
Any suggestions?
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote