View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Phaddi_inc
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z 6spd
Phaddi_inc is on a distinguished road
Default Phaddi_inc's BlackZ journal

Finally decided to do my own journal, I been wanting to start one for a while.

I own a 2009 MB 370z 6MT touring/sport/Nav persimmon interior. I live in Ontario, but ended up buying my Z in Richmond VA (saved a few bucks, and got the color combo/trim I wanted). In the lead up to the purchase decision I lurked on this forum as well as watched all the youtube/review videos I can. TBH I hadn't even seen a 370z in person until I got to VA to pick up mine. I was blown away when i seen my 370 for the first time, pics just didn't do it justice. It was the best 1100mile road trip back home to Northern Ontario.

List of mods to date:

(performance)
Stillen CBE
Stillen Gen3 CAI
(mod?) All Redline fluids

(exterior)
EvoR rear fog
Ings+1 rep frp front lip (color matching)
hood damper mod
color matched emblems

(wish list)
High flow cats (undecided...and tune)
swift specR springs
20mm/25mm spacers
powder coat my 19" Rays (matte graphite or black)
rear diffuser CF
fang cover CF
mirror covers CF
CF engine dress up

This list is constantly changing/evolving, I want so many things but budget ultimately dictates the pace of upgrades.

Here's a few pics of the car when i picked it up. I brought it in and had my parking lights wired to come on with ignition (to meet Canadian RIV requirements).
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

First thing I had to do was take off the trim around the wheel wells, and the 'faux' CF scoops
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

I purchased a much needed Porter Cable xp and Adams polishing kit. What a great investment, especially for black vehicle owners. I was able to knock out all the swirls and imperfections in the finish. Now a fine machine polish in the spring before putting the Z on the road is all that's needed.
Nissan 370Z Forum - Phaddi_inc's Album: The Adams Kit has arrived!

At this point I needed better sound, I got a great deal on a Stillen CBE and jumped on it.
I Also recently purchased a set of Gen3 CAI's from another forum member and installed them over the winter. I couldn't wait to get the car out after the install!

mini-12.JPG
mini-4.JPG
mini-8.JPG

The 'KF' hood damper mod was a real treat when installing the CAI's, hood height or access was never an issue.

Here are a few pics of the first day out with the car this year, it was freshly polished but a slight layer of dust managed to get on it before i can snap a few shots.
mini-IMG_2976.JPG
mini-IMG_2977.JPG
mini-IMG_2978.JPG
mini-IMG_2979.JPG
mini-IMG_2981.JPG
mini-IMG_2983.JPG

My Z is nowhere near as dressed up as some of the others on here, but I hope you guys enjoy! I'll update this thread with the front lip install/process once I get all the pictures together. Thanks for looking guys!

Last edited by Phaddi_inc; 04-13-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Phaddi_inc is offline   Reply With Quote