View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Maximas are worse handlers than altimas, believe it or not. Not as reliable either. Maximas basically have more looks. I'm not sure how understeer is controlled specifically, but its description sounds like its computer controlled. Possibly through braking? Let me see if I can find the altima spec sheet again online.
huh, always thought maximas were superior to altima's but guess not any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Lifted from Nissan "A Nissan first, the 2013 Altima is equipped with Active Understeer Control (AUC) to give you a smooth, controlled, and comfortable ride. The system senses understeer and oversteer and subtly applies braking power to the inside wheels when you are turning, giving you sharper handling in all conditions."
thanks, mustang. yah, applying brakes would help. do you guys remember back in the days when honda had the prelude-SH? that was the other way, i think, where the drive train applied more power to the outer wheels when turning.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote