View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #323 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I know Dave of Dave's Ultimate Automotive (several locations around town), but he's not the one who works on your car. They're also a little expensive - I haven't used them since they started expanding a few years ago.

On another note, I'm done with taking the Z to the dealer unless its a warranty issue. The last oil change I had them do (second one ever on the Z), the guy who worked on my car couldn't have been more than 18 and immediately exclaimed "Oh, cool, I've never worked on one of these before. Is this one of the new 350s?" He also didn't put on the magnetic drain plug I provided, and then lied about it to me when I asked.
Thanks for the info! My uncle quoted me $80 so I think I'll just go that route (no worries, he is a mechanic). I'm itching to get it on today though.

As far as oil changes: that's the reason I've decided to just try to do them myself. Can't trust anyone but yourself.