View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
I agree...My tru-cool is a slight bit smaller than the Stillen (11 x 5.75). With the thermostat it runs 190-195 most of the time. I've yet to be able to get it over 225 no matter how hard I try...which all seems about perfect IMO...
Cruising at 180 to 190, and spirited driving pushing it up to 220 or so, would be ideal I would think. What do you think daily cruising temps of 220/225 (for those of us with no cooler), and occasional spirited driving increases to 250/260, will do to the longevity of the engine? There is a line of thought here that these temps will shorten the engine life. Is there any definitive reasoning that this is the case? I guess the best way to be safe is to add the cooler.

John
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote