View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #4290 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
when the hell did chelsea sign marko marin? that was a small surprise, is he going to play second fiddle to juan mata?
Chelsea sign Marko Marin from Werder Bremen with German club wanting Romelu Lukaku on loan - Telegraph

Great news actually. I've watched him at Bremen for a while, I always thought he was a quality player. Mario Götze gets a lot of attention because he's at a higher profile club, but Marin has a lot of similar playmaking abilities. I think he'll actually compliment Mata well, as they're both playmaking midfielders. I think the idea behind the signing is to recreate something like a Xavi/Ineista tandem pulling strings in midfield. This will actually free up Ramires or Danny Sturridge to play wider. The Marin/Mata pairing also gives the strikers up front quality service behind them. It's not a bad signing really. Di Matteo might play him out wide though, keep Lamps anchoring midfield attack. However he is used, I'm excited to see him playing in a Chelsea shirt next season.

And I really, REALLY hope Di Matteo gets the job. If we win the FA Cup, Champions League(unrealistic, I know, but this is theoretical), and place 4th to play in the CL next season, I can't see how you can't give him the job. Even if he achieved just 1 of those 3 goals mentioned it'd be a miraculous turn-around from where we were in February; I can't see how you can snub him for a higher profile manager like Guardiola.
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote