View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
tj_84
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z370
tj_84 is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
Bro I'm still trying to figure out where the gameboy comes into play and why you are letting a 12 year old Pokemon fanatic program your keys.

Is the key/transponder actually coded for your VIN?

I can't figure out where you are going with the battery thing...

If you have someone that is programming the key, it has to be a Nissan dealership... are you saying that the dealership can't figure out how to start your car or what is wrong? An independent shop does not typically have the computer system needed to link a transponder key to your vehicle.

Also I believe an Altima key would probably fit/work with your car anyhow depending on the radio frequencies it distributes. I believe it is the same system (just probably not programmed to your vehicle).
well ye that was the only way ( taking it to the dealership ) but a keysmith asked me to get him a Z key and he'll programme it, i blv that an altima key won't work.. as they have different coding numbers thing on them. i think a murano key would only fit a Z.

anyways, thats not the concern. i thought i'll go with what that keysmith says and see what happens. and it actually worked

he told me that its true that he can set the frequencies with that device he had but he can't use that altima key. in the begining i thought its just some talks as he's not able to do it.. but when i got him the Z key he did it and he made it work! the steering locks now.. the car gives that red security blinking light ( it didnt before programing ) and the car responds as i mentioned.. like the doors locks/unlocks.

i can confirm that the car is now responding to that Z key!

what i need to know now is why the start button is not giving the start order?
tj_84 is offline   Reply With Quote