View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
It is mostly the fluid, the hydraulic line isn't under anywhere near as much pressure as in the braking system so being SS or whatever isn't a big difference. Upgrade to high-temp brake fluid for the clutch.

The line is directly next to your exhaust, so especially if you upgrade your cats or headers you will need to add extra insulation to the clutch line near where they pass the header.

I beat my car relentlessly on track, with the stock clutch line and never get a soft clutch pedal, I use RBF600 and extra insulation wrap.
Thanks everyone for your input. I was thinking it was the fluid too. I'm about to upgrade the brake system so I will go ahead and do the clutch line and fluid as well. Thanks again.