View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill
Default soft clutch after hard driving???

I'm not sure if this is the perfect place for this thread but I think you track junkies will most likely know what I'm talking about.

I went driving in the mountain with a few guys this past Saturday. We had a great time. But after good stretch of twisties climbing into the mountains I noticed my clutch get spongie. It felt normal until about half way out from the floor where the clutch seemed to go soft. I have heard a number of different theories as far as the pressure plate got overheated, altitude played a role in changing the properties of the fluid, clutch disk overheated, etc. I was curious if any of you have felt something similar to this. We were 5250 ft above sea level and ran the cars hard for about 15 miles up hill.

BTW it was not just my car. The other guy with a 6mt had the same issue but worse.
I'm back at home and clutch is fine now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Will