View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #57 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Wait a F'n minute here!!!! You are telling me that Tony does not bend the pipes and weld them together with mufflers and resonators here in the US of A??!!!?! Son of A B!@#$ So you are saying he imports them from China or India pre-bent and just charges a mark-up?!?! This is too much....but please go on about how Megan exhausts are of great quality and sound.
Whatever it takes to justify your purchase in your head, go for it. If you really think an exhaust is truly worth the price FI charges, then you made a good purchase (To yourself, of course). But let me ask you this, have you ever taken a car to a respectable exhaust shop and gotten a quote on a custom exhaust? It's not far off from some of the more expensive exhausts you see for sale on here.

I think a lot of people put far too much stock in what R&D for an exhaust REALLY is. I want to know what exactly people think is done when creating an exhaust? Why do most people treat this as if it is rocket science?
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote