View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
theboydiddy
Track Member

Drives: 370z Pearl White
theboydiddy will become famous soon enoughtheboydiddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorazn View Post
If you're launching with the pedal to the metal you are going to spin the wheels. VDC off you'll spin like crazy, VDC on you'll be spinning while the system is trying to correct (flashy yellow blinky light)

Have you ever driven manual before? Have you ever launched in a manual? If you 'pedal to the metal' in any car and drop the clutch, your very likely to spin the wheels.

The 370z has a lot of power, so trying to put 'everything she's got' to the floor from a standstill, the wheels are going to spin. I'm no expert on launching, but you need to find the sweet spot where you can put max power to floor with minimal wheel spin and minimal clutch slip.

Take a look here: Best RPM to Launch at for 1/4 MT?

The same generally goes for shift through the gear box. You're going to get wheel chirp if you powershifting through the box.

Although I'm not too sure about 5th-6th gear wheel chirping.... I;ve never been to 150+mph or what ever.

As for your friend in the A4. Auto vs Manual. Your car can beat him. But your shifting probably needs some work (i'm not trying to be a ****.) There's a lot of skill required to get an MT to top perform.
oh no, not at all kid. NOT at all. your advices are much appreciated. honestly, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmg21 View Post
Man this guy is going to tear up his effen car just trying to figure out some bs, or impressing others. Stop dogging your car b/c the next topic months or a year down the road is about your car acting worse.
and if i do "effen" my car up and if my threads be how my car is acting worse down the road.... what the "effen" do you care? i never asked you to care about MINE car. perhaps you get a life and you just won't have time to care about my car being "effed" up or even reading my "useless" threads, that you've been keeping up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
Yeah OP, if mechanically all is good then I say just take it easy. I know that new tires have a coating that cause them initially to be very slippery but that's not the case here. My advice, save for some better tires, the RE05's are good not great, I too have had the back end come flying out on me on cool summer nights while redlining the lower gears with VDC off. I'm not knocking your level of experience but the Z can quickly become a tail happy car with VDC off and cool conditions, a new driver or someone who hasn't taken the time to get a feel for the car will get in trouble. I know its not the funnest car to drive around normally, damn torque doesn't peak till ~4700 but protect your car, yourself and your long term investment, keep VDC on and drive safe.
i know exactly what you're saying. i just took the vdc off once, just to have an idea how the car feel without it. i never ever take it off. like you mentioned a lot of practice is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
I was surprised this thread has lasted this long..
i dont understand why you'd be surprised. thread last bc ppl like you don't have a life so you have to check every single thread giving your "caring opinion" keeping the thread live. by the way thanx buddy.

Last edited by theboydiddy; 04-29-2012 at 09:26 PM.