View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute
Default Almost done

Friday I went to town grinding the heat sink down a bunch more to improve fit. Took a picture put the phone died. I'll post if it took.

Saturday, installed my brakes, then worked on the mounting bracket. Dry fitted and decided I didn't like the springs I had.

Sunday morning: bought some new springs. Finished the bracket, installed. Still needs a little fine tuning but good for now. Prepped the area for molding. Wax mold release then PVA mold release on the pan. Made some duct tape dams on the the plate to hold the epoxy in while sitting. Wiped the plate down 3 times with IPA and then mixed up the epoxy and cast it up against the oil pan. Sitting in the garage and curing now.

Being impatient... I warmed up the oil to 160 to try to get the epoxy to kick a little faster. Went down and felt the fins. Good news, they were nice and hot. Just a couple of degrees cooler than the actual pan.

Should be able to finish it up Monday night.
B&W_Evader is offline   Reply With Quote