View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP725 View Post
My initial thought is ur 2nd gear syncros are damaged. A distant 2nd could be your clutch slave cylinder is failing (clutch pedal moved but clutch was still engaged) but that would affect other gears as well.

Take it in. Hopefully they can replicate (or at least document) the issue and provide you with a new trans under warranty.

thats one thought that entered my mind, but like you mentioned it would be happening in all gears if the slave cylinder was failing and it's not, it's only happening when shifting into 2nd. One other thing i should mention is that the 2 times this has happened it only does it when downshifting into 2nd , when upshifting into 2nd while accelerating i have never had it do this to me. I just wish i could know when it's going to do it so i could record it, but so far the issue has only reared it's head randomly and very rarely. The first time it did this was about 2 months ago and now again just yesterday, the one thing i have always noticed though is that 2nd has always been a little rough to downshift into ever since i got the car if that means anything to anyone.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote