View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #39 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
both have their pros and cons nice to see this didn't turn into a heated debate..
imo box gear boxes don't take a back seat to any car in it's price range....

i would like to hear from anyone who has owned or driven a auto camaro or mustang.... how do they stack up to the 370 AT. do they come with or without paddles 6 or 7 speed etc.....................

I have driven the camaro SS and mustang auto. The 12 and below on the mustangs don't shift but gear ratios are perfect and when you slam on the gas, that **** goes. But no option to row your own makes it boring in some cases. Handling is superior to a camaro and it feels lighter in the corners so maneuverabilty is superior to the camaro... BUT
The camaro let's you row your own. Torque feels better in a camaro and its just overall a more fun car to drive. I think if it was 300lbs lighter it would be superior to a stang but GM fked up on weight. You really feel the heft. And even though the width makes the car look great. The camaro is to wide to feel completely confident in 90 degree turns, so the stang definately eats it there. In my opinion though, the Z kills them both in handling but lack of torque takes something away. But neither car inspire the same confidence turn for turn as a Z. If the mustang auto came in BOSS guise? I think the Z would just lose to an auto stang in every aspect of performance.
So the Z fills a gap that the other two cannot or vice versa depending on your drive style and what you want in a car. Overall, all are extremely great cars.
Transmissions score on the auto...
1st place goes to the Z
2nd place to the camaro and is very close to the Z. But the camaro shifts slower than the Z
3rd is the mustang only because there is no option to row your own.
Even on the 13 stang I couldn't give it higher. Not because I have driven it. But because shifts are done via button on the shifter. And the mustang won't redline in manual mode. that automatically would take away from the experience. But I think 2014 will bring something different in the mustang auto. They evolve faster than any other company thus far in the past 4 years.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote