View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryang View Post
First of all, big thanks to bigaudiofanet. I sent him all the harnesses and he solder and wrap all the connections. He also connectd the steering wheel control and did the by-pass so everything is plug and play for me. Big, the bypass worked, I already tested it out!

I have never done a radio install or any electrical work on the car, I manage to get everything installed and working. Took me 4 hours in the cold. The only thing left for me is the backup camera. I need to figure out an easy way to tap into the reverse light.

This is probably a dumb question, but what kind of wire tap splice should I buy? What guage are the wiring in the car? 22?

I found 2 tan wires, one at the center of the trunk after removing the center trim piece, and the other is on the left rear light that lead directly to the light connector. I read all the posts about where to tap, it seems like either one of this will be fine?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I am totally new to any electrical work at all. Any help is appreciated. I felt so accomplished getting the radio installed.
Glad it worked out for you buddy.

You may need either a test light or a volt meter. You want to probe both those tan/orange wires. Whichever one gets power while your in reverse is the one you need.

You can get away with a T tap however I like to splice back the insulation wrap the new wire, solder it and than wrap it.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote