Thread: Spoiler & Scoop
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubadour View Post
I'm driving a Touring Coupe/Sports. I did note the link talking about the Nizmo, and the 18 lbs of downforce at 75 MPH. But my Touring Coupe spoiler is probably really minimal in its effect (my guess at this point).

I'd like to just remove the spoiler and the front deflectors (or whatever they are that hits driveways) and just didn't want to create a destabilizing situation of any consequence. On one hand I'll hardly drive at speeds where I suspect they have an effect - depending on what effect there is to begin with - and on the other hand I did get in the 100 MPH range driving it home from out of state after the purchase (you can do that and still stay under the 4000 RPM break-in limit with no trouble at all). But I probably won't be driving in that speed range in the future; it was mostly a "try it out a little" thing.

And if they don't even go into effect until around 100 MPH - or if the stuff I have is mostly cosmetic or mild enought that it makes little real difference - then I probably would be happy just removing them. (I know there are those who would never take off the rear spoiler on a "looks" basis but for me I'd actually prefer not having it.)

So if I can determine no ill effects, or neglible effects in the 100 MPH or less range, that's what I'm trying to figure out
As I stated before, this is not cosmetic. The aerodynamic package on the touring model keeps the car from "lifting" due to air flow under the carriage. Nissan calls this "ZERO LIFT", so the car would not float at high speed and lose traction with the road. DO NOT take those spoilers off for your safety (and those driving around you) at high speed.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote