Thread: Spoiler & Scoop
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
troubadour
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Coupe/Trg/Sprts
troubadour is on a distinguished road

I'm driving a Touring Coupe/Sports. I did note the link talking about the Nizmo, and the 18 lbs of downforce at 75 MPH. But my Touring Coupe spoiler is probably really minimal in its effect (my guess at this point).

I'd like to just remove the spoiler and the front deflectors (or whatever they are that hits driveways) and just didn't want to create a destabilizing situation of any consequence. On one hand I'll hardly drive at speeds where I suspect they have an effect - depending on what effect there is to begin with - and on the other hand I did get in the 100 MPH range driving it home from out of state after the purchase (you can do that and still stay under the 4000 RPM break-in limit with no trouble at all). But I probably won't be driving in that speed range in the future; it was mostly a "try it out a little" thing.

And if they don't even go into effect until around 100 MPH - or if the stuff I have is mostly cosmetic or mild enought that it makes little real difference - then I probably would be happy just removing them. (I know there are those who would never take off the rear spoiler on a "looks" basis but for me I'd actually prefer not having it.)

So if I can determine no ill effects, or neglible effects in the 100 MPH or less range, that's what I'm trying to figure out

Last edited by troubadour; 04-28-2012 at 04:10 PM.
troubadour is offline   Reply With Quote