View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mr C
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z,
Mr C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
You're statement about "winding it up" is correct. The Z is not a muscle car with large displacement, thus it does not have the low end grunt that you seemingly are looking for. The Z needs to be driven hard to get the move out of her, that's just how she is designed and built and OP take no offense, but you should have known that when getting into her. If I was you I'd go with long tube headers, they won't throw a check engine light if installed properly. If that is to hardcore for you, high flow cats or test pipes are the way to go. You are retaining the stock cats and they are very restrictive. It still won't give you the low end grunt but if you don't feel the power...well you aren't driving her correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
Trade in for a Nismo.
Nismo? Thanks for the advice, but..... Nah. This baby is growing on me more each day. Just traveled 300 miles from the east coast of England to Wales. Had lots of fun. This car, with its mods, is a keeper.