View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
OnCallZ
Base Member

Drives: g37
OnCallZ is on a distinguished road
Default Help an Ex-Z owner out :)

Hello,

I don't post much on the forums but I originally came from a 645li convertible to a 370z, since then I switched to a cayman S.

My Cayman S lease just expired and I won't be buying it out since I put too many track miles on it to be worth it.

I am back in the market for a quick car again, this time I am avoiding german cars.

Price limit ~35,000, has to have a stick. I do a fair bit of auto crossing/tracking

Narrowed it down to:
2011-12 Evo X gsr or STi
2009-2012 370z (this time manual)
New mustang?
Other suggestions.

So far I am leaning heavily towards the 370z. The first time I owned my 7at I loved the car, I think I will enjoy it even more with a manual.

Pros for the Z:
lightest out of the three cars considered (3300lbs)
has nice performance out of the box so I don't have to mod it (aside from an oil cooler if it doesn't have one)
plus from what I've gathered the bolt on's and a tune will land me very close to 340-350whp, which is cayman s power to weight ratio.
Cons:
-Can't really think of any aside from the engine being a little rough at high rpm (which doesn't bother me, it's a sports car)

Pros for the Evo
-4 seats (don't care)
-mod friendly
-awd (winter road trip up north?)
Cons
-second heaviest out of the three
-awd (live in Florida year round)
-doesn't look as stunning as the Z
-interior from an econobox

Pros for the Mustang
-a lot of reserve power
-fastest out of the box
-mod friendly
Cons
-everyone has one
-car is a little big for my liking
-heaviest out of three
-interior is subpar compared to the Z
-at the end of the model cycle (possible high value loss upon next gen mustang release)

Open to any other car suggestions within my price range and criteria, I am also anxious to hear everyone's opinion since I know we have a good mix of evo/mustang/370z owners on the forums.
OnCallZ is offline   Reply With Quote