Thread: 370z Vs Rx 7
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #53 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaylor1023 View Post
Ok guys - asking this on this board to get a different feel for the build as compared to the RX 7 or rotary boards.

What i am looking to do is build an acceleration monster for running NC vallies and country back roads. Not really too much top end speed but getting from 20-150 asap i feel could be fun.

Current cars:

2012 Nissan GTR

So ya, i have godzilla and am contimplating just putting in an AMS kit and calling it good but i thought i would expand the stable a little bit and see what opinions you guys have about it.

370z build with engine mods will be a must. Thinking 550-700 TO THE WHEELS would be necessary. Pros for this are is availablity and relative ease of the build. there are also a plethera of tuners to do such a build. next would be styling of the car. cool looking with great lines but this is also a negative as well since there are so many of them around. Body kit of extreme quality would be a nice option if you guys have ideas on such kits please let me know.

RX 7 - very light weight and cheap to get started. I have a few shops willing to fortify a 20B for me to support the 600+ HP i am asking for. These shops / engines aren't cheap. Also going with a True Veilside Fortune kit for it. Pros are amazing styling of that kit if you like the kit and power to weight ration. question is will i need some huge gaudy *** wing to keep that power gripped to the road.

I am also considering dual charging both cars if possible. SC for low end then Turbo for the high end - much like that gentlemen did in CA with his lotus

Lets try and keep this discussion to the finer points of the builds with no hazing / raggin on any posters or their opinions - we are all adults here.

Thanks

Greg
Firstly, asking here is going to get a fairly biased response. If I was in your shoes, I would just mod the GTR some and be happy. Secondly, i think your F****** stupid doing those kinds of speeds on the kind of roads I imagine you are talking about (I'm from east TN as well). It's just a matter of time before you kill yourself or somebody else. You may not be worried about yourself (and in that case I could care less), but you should atleast have some respect for others on the road. Do like some of the others have said and take it to the track. It's more fun and more rewarding IMO. Plus if you have the ability to afford a GTR a track day shouldn't be a problem. I'll get off the soap box now.