View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #4285 (permalink)
blue660r01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@AAMComp View Post
Let me add also that I hope that FIFA overturns the bans on both sides playing in the Champions League final. I'd like to see both teams go head to head at full capacity rather than fielding anything but their first team options.

Should be an interesting final either way. Bayern look very, very strong, and they're playing at home. With that being said, I think all the pressure is on them to win it in the end. Even the most die hard of Chelsea supporters cannot honestly say they expected the team to get this far, so I think that relieves some pressure on the players. However, it might be the last opportunity that Drogz, Lampard, JT, and Cech have to lift the European trophy, so we'll see.
FIFA wont overturn it. And Bayern are hands down one of the most solid teams in Europe. A lot of people overlook them because of the league they are in....but look what happened lol....2 finals in the recent years speaks for itself as well as who they owned on the way.

LA BESTIA NEGRA. Some of you will get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
I doubt FIFA will overturn the ban. It's a rule of the tournament, and it's been implemented for ages, so I don't see what precedent would cause them to reconsider.

Bayern is at home, and the Allianz is a ******* fortress. I'm going to predict a 3-1 win for the Germans based on the severe drop in talent you get from losing Raul Meireles and Ramires in the midfield. Juan Mata can't do it by himself, and I think the German defense is more suited to stand up to Drogba than Barcelona ever was. Torres, if he finds some form (and to be fair, he hasn't been BAD lately), may be a better option.

I honestly do not expect the Chelsea back line to cope with Gomez though. Not with Cahill and Terry both out, and Ivanovic suspended.
Losing Badstuber is HUGE for Bayern and Torres still gives Germans nightmares. Still standing with your 3-1 though.

Also, +1 on Gomez. Gomez with the brace, Robben/Ribery with 1.