View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need the expert's opinions!

Hey guys, looking at upgrading my system just a little bit. I'm on a budget, I'm not really interested in getting top of the line stuff right now, I just want to get something to give my music a little extra kick. My Zenclosure box came in a few days ago, and I have an old crap Sony explode sub that I don't really want to use, as well as a Kicker 400.1 amp that has served me well over the last few years. The two things that I'm looking at are
A little better range, 23-500
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SWR1243...5542937&sr=8-1
And the extremely affordable
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-W30...5543297&sr=1-4

What do you guys think of these two? And is there anything else you would suggest for subs that are comparable in price to these?

I would like to put it out there that I have a fair amount of experience in the world of systems, everything from complete junk as a kid to having 2 W7's in my civic pushing 2500 watts. I've gotten to a point where I just want a little bit of deep end to compliment my clear highs, I don't want rattle or police attention so I'm not trying to go with high end expensive stuff. I have a pioneer HU right now, and later on I will get some components and an amp to run them.

I also have one other question for future reference. I will be installing back speakers later on (already heard the different reasons why I should or shouldn't, bottom line is my ears aren't happy without them) so when I get the 4 channel amp will the front 2 channels go to the crossovers and power both the doors AND the tweeters? I've never installed components so I don't know as much about them, when I was younger I only cared about bass and I would get slightly better speakers for the doors. This will be the first setup that focuses on quality of sound rather than quantity.

Thanks for your advice and opinions!

EDIT: I found this one as well, and I like Infinity. I have 2 of their Reference series 6.5's that I might use for the time being...

Sent from my iPizzle using magic and new fangled science stuff
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R

Last edited by Huck; 04-27-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote