View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Remove the strut bar. Remove the airbox. Watch your MAF leads though.
I put the TB end on first, then lined it up for the breather tubes. When you pull the airbox, don't take it all the way out - just enough to tilt it back (top toward the front of the car). You kind of have to slide the tube on and push it back in at the same time. Then go back and loosen the clips on the breather tubes and slip them in.

I did end up cutting about 1/8" off the passenger side. Just used a fine tooth hacksaw and then cleaned any burrs with a razor blade and then wiped the insides down real good to make sure there was no dust. The hoses are wire - just a razor blade won't work.

Also used a little spit to help the hoses slide over the ends. I know it's an area you don't want to heavily lubricate or anything, but I figured a little spit wouldn't hurt and does help them slide better.

I didn't get them on until my 3rd try-and that's pulling the strut brace and airboxes. The weird thing is that my driver's side slipped right on. I have a feeling my engine sits a little cocked. I wouldn't hesitate to cut it if you need to. I can tell you there is zero possibility mine would have fit without cutting.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote