View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
SIKHRYDE
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
SIKHRYDE is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Question for 370z Owners

Hi Guys,

I got a 2010 Nissan 370z Roadster 7 speed (auto).

Love the car - but just have a few questions - some of it might sound dumb lol but I figured Id embarrass myself anyways and ask and hopefully get some good answers.

1. When in manual mode - when is the best time to shift to get the fastest acceleration? What I have done is just waited for the RPM to almost redline and then shift - is this right? Everytime I do this - the light goes on that the car is skidding - is that normal? Also I have never turned that VDC thing off - will that help me go faster?

2. When on the highway - for example - im doing 120 km/hr - and I want to go fast really quick - should i switch to manual mode and down **** to 5th? to 4th?

3. Now this is probably gonna feel like the dumbest question - but when I plug my iphone in to listen to music or use the bluetooth option - I have some songs with a lot of base - do I ever have to worry about blowing out the bose speakers??

4. Is there a way either when I stream videos on my iPhone or the videos I have on my iPhone to get it playing on my Nav system?

5. When I fill up the gas tank - I usually get around 400 km city driving - is that normal? If I do some highway - sometimes I can get up to 460 or even 500...

OK I appreciate any help I can get.

vrooom vrrroooooom

and yes lol you can laugh at my questions - I know I sound like a newb!!!
SIKHRYDE is offline   Reply With Quote