View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
USAFZDRIVER
Base Member

Drives: 11 370Z silver 6mt
USAFZDRIVER is on a distinguished road
Default Z1 post MAF hose install problem

Hi guys, I searched around the site for an answer but couldn't find one. Sorry if I'm posting something stupid/wasteful. I got the Z1 post MAF hoses in the mail this morning and went to install this afternoon. It seems that most people had quick install times well under an hour. I didn't remove the strut bar, I was able to move around decently. On the drivers side I removed the stock tube and then began to fit the Z1 hose in from the throttle body, then the pcv connector. I loosened the bolt on the air box for a little more free play and it was insanely difficult to try and get the hose onto the air box tube. I finally called it quits. It seems its either just too long or I am going at it wrong, everything is just way too tight and the air box wasn't lining back up where it belongs. I noticed something that may just be cosmetic but it seems that in most pics the hoses have the "Z1" logo vertical and mine have the logo horizontal. Should I just trim it or is it the wrong hose or am I installing it wrong? Thought it would be a simple quick install. I was wrong. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.
USAFZDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote