View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
ok, i heard this come up a few times. where can i read about this ecu "learning", because i havent seen any documentation on the subject. i dont question the validity, i just would like to learn the details of this technology, an how it applies to my car. any idea?
The Ecu is technically NOT a learning computer. But, it does get accustomed to our human impulses. if we keep pushing the car the sensors will try to keep up with our inputs. Its not like the ecu is trying to identify each individual and reprogramming the driving style for each person. But as you drive the car, the ecu will get coached along your daily driving response.
Try this. Drive aggressive for about a week and notice you will begin to feel improvements in throttle response of your car. But then drive like a granny for a couple weeks. After a couple of weeks go back to driving aggressive. The response time is slow. When I say learn. I don't mean learning. Its just the ecu on these cars seem to need coaching into faster responses.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote