View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #310 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
You must be getting close now Sasha!
Well, I am getting there..it is 10:40pm and I just got in from the garage, after an eight hour work day.

On the bright side, things are looking up. I was able to build a complete new set of intercooler pipes today, so that almost completes the second kit that I am keeping here to build jigs off of. The oil pan spacer is in as well, so that took a bit of time as I took a lot of pictures for the install instructions, while making small mental notes.

I also discovered that the first pipe on the hot side (attaches to the compressor outlet) will be very easy to install as it can be pushed through from under the passenger side header. I mentioned earlier that this pipe will be a PITA to install with the oil filter plate in place...this is no longer the case. IC piping should take about 30min to install with this kit.

The exhaust stuff will also be rather quick, as it will simply bolt up to the OEM headers, and then the turbo goes on via 4 bolts...again very simple. Down pipe will be two V-bands, no rocket science there.

I have to make a pit stop tomorrow and get two -8an 45* fittings for the oil cooler lines. I had picked up a bunch of 90* fittings, but a couple of 45's are better suited here. The oil feed to the turbo will be taken off of the OEM oil pressure sensor, and it gets a bit busy there, so the 45's will divert a couple of the big lines. I hope to get all the oil lines done tomorrow, get the FMIC mounted for good, and have it ready for the bumper to go back on.

After that is all done I will focus on recirculating the wastegates. This should not be too bad at all. Then I will move on to the fuel pump and injectors, so half day for that.

Too tired to load pictures this evening...will post them up tomorrow.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote