View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
corbin09
Track Member

Drives: 370z
corbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond reputecorbin09 has a reputation beyond repute

The main thing that I would check are oil levels (obviously but some have consumption issues.) I would check oil level, drive it for a while, and and check again. I know it wouldnt really be a tell-all but it would make me more comfortable. The diff bushing is in the rear of the car and you will be able to tell if it is out. The rear wheels will "shimmy" over uneven surfaces and on harder acceleration you will wheel hop. Just get under the car and see if the diff has any brownish fluid on it. If that bushing is gone, figure in about an additional 800 bucks to the asking price. Other than that you should be good to go. They are pretty reliable.
corbin09 is offline   Reply With Quote