View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #366 (permalink)
gsxr750
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z man. sport
gsxr750 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAveRun View Post
So I got a quote and wow. You weren't joking when you said it was high. They expected a $600 premium and $500 monthly... I don't even want to put my parents through something like that. I don't understand what you mean about the accident with my dad as the primary. Would the rates triple or something since I'm not the primary individual on the account?
Any accident or ticket, DWI etc that happens to you while you are driving a car under his name or under his insurance policy , will effect your parents insurance rates for up to 4 yrs if anything ever happens and also legally and finacially if anything bad serious injuries or deaths occur. Result , of court judgemnt against you and your parents in serious accident, wage garnishment, leen on any home or property they own.

That is why its best to keep any car children drive, titled in the childs name and also have them buy their own insurance in their own name.

You always here it from the stupid parents that feel their little angel will never get into trouble, but we all know what devils we can turn into once our parents are out of sight. So they never believe their little angel would do anything intentionally wrong behind the wheel of the car and the parents cry the blues later once they face legal issues and finacial costs, due to their little angel.

So it comes down to being an adult and accepting the costs of it, your 20 now and its time to accept full responsibilty, for anything you do , so put everything in your own name or the other option would be to find a dumb older girl friend and put the car in her name, a lot of guys do it once they get a DWI etc. Only problem is that if you break up she can keep the car as it will be titled in her name.

Last edited by gsxr750; 04-25-2012 at 12:59 PM.
gsxr750 is offline   Reply With Quote