Thread: 2014 390z
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
supunna_picta
Base Member

Drives: Red 370z
supunna_picta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
None of the future engines that Nissan has patented is a 3.9. It will either be a 2.5 supercharged (which I doubt) a 3.0 and/or 3.0TT(most likely. Or a hybrid 3.7? Which I can equally see happening.

The 2.5sc I think will bring forth the Datsun Silvia. just my guess.

I can actually see nissan dropping the numbers and calling iit the Nissan Z and bringing forth all engines as options in different price ranges... you never know?
It would make the most sense for a 3.0TT to meet price, performance, packaging and fuel economy goals for the next generation where the hybrid option seems to be one more generation out if they continue with the Z that far. I just don't see a hybrid system fitting all of the above goals for a sports car like the Z quite yet.

First I think we're going to see a lot more turbo's and SCs across the board for sportier cars that attempt some claim to fuel economy, then hybrid versions later. Hybrid technology is getting better but it's not quite ready for mainstream sports car applications. The Fisker Karma and Porsche Panamera hybrid are paving the way however.