View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #132 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
well, the real problem is that when it gets hot, it gets soft, so a) it looses its gloss, and b) the brake dust embeds itself in the finish. That is why my calipers are satin black. that color holds up fine.
Does anyone know if the existing "Nissan" Akebono brakes are painted on the sports package brakes? Mine are currently Metallic Silverish Grey, stock sports brakes and I'd liket o powder coat them red (just like the 40th Anniversary Edition) and possibly put the "Nissan" logo back on.

However, I will be doing track so are you saying that could potentially be an issue? Has anyone have problem with that? Should I have a concern?

Is the OEM factory 40th Anniversary Edition Calipers painted and not powdercoated Red?

Another question is the logo a decal? is it applied before or underneath a clear coat? I can't seem to see the seam of the existing logo.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote