View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #362 (permalink)
FateAveRun
Base Member

Drives: 10 Honda Civic Blk A
FateAveRun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr750 View Post
After 30 yrs.of phone calls for insurance rates here is what you are left with for the best rates.

For cars its Geico and Allstate, if rates are close go with Allstate they are better to deal with on claims.

For motorcycles - Progressive hands down and their rates on car insurance is not that good, as Geico or Allstate.

Also if your are only 20, you should try and stay away from a sports car or high performance car class until you get to be 25 for strictly insurance purposes. Before you buy a car check out the rates, your really better off getting one of the sleeper class of sports cars that will slip thru the insurance companies hi rates, something like a (standard V6 camaro,V6 challenger, V6 mustang), wrx, (altima sport 4 cylinder v6 ) etc.

Right now stay away from cars with the ss, rt, or truely sports cars, unless you can afford the high rates, with rich parents or a high paying job.

This will save you a lot of money on insurance rates.

If your dad puts you on his insurance the rates will be a lot cheaper, but he risks a lot if you get into an accident with the sports car and someone is really injured bad. If you insist on getting a sports car then I would not make my parents put you on their policy, as long as your are over 18 and not living at home and have your own insurance in your name, then they are off the hook legally, and once you hit 21yr. if you are still living at home.
So I got a quote and wow. You weren't joking when you said it was high. They expected a $600 premium and $500 monthly... I don't even want to put my parents through something like that. I don't understand what you mean about the accident with my dad as the primary. Would the rates triple or something since I'm not the primary individual on the account?
FateAveRun is offline   Reply With Quote