View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #297 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy281 View Post
we developed the first twin scroll kit that we never pushed. came out pretty good. car made 706whp at 22 psi on meth on a 4088 journal bearing. your kits perform great also. really want to see how the twin scroll comes out on your new kit!
Jtran Sudios right? I remember that build, it worked out great with some solid fabrication to back it up. What were the specs on the back side of that turbo?

With that setup, the runner length is different feeding the turbo. I am really trying hard to keep it all equal length, so that "should" help a bit. I think the rear transmission support had to be taken off for the crossover pipe to slide over. A bit more of an involved install, but same idea.

From reading many back to back comparisons the PTE6766 should outperform the 4088 all day long, so untill somebody builds the block we won't really know how far this will go. I think deep 700's are a reasonable guess, with proper supporting mods of course.

EDIT:

I should mention that the main reason for going with the twin scroll is that it offers much larger turbine housing options...all the way up to a 1.32 a/r. The open T4 only goes up to a .96 a/r, although I think that is a "big enough" turbine to support a decent amount of power.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 04-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote