View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
40th370z
Base Member

Drives: 2010-370z-40th Ann.
40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute40th370z has a reputation beyond repute

I told my dealer at the time of purchase,DO NOT drill holes in my car or the sale would not go through,nor put any dealership decals on the body,I let them put a plate bracket on with their name on it instead of decals.

You could wait until your pulled over for not having a licence plate then deal with a mounting system.

In Canada we have provinces like Alberta that dont require front plates... the only way a cop will know if im not from one of these provinces is to see the back end , an I have made sure not to actually follow directly behind a cop,I've found if I look around at other sports cars like Vetts alot of them dont have front plates either,just keep a low profile if you happen to see a cop.. tuckin behind someone so you arent the first guy thru a set of lights.

Dont forget alot of cops are car guys/girls , an they may not even notice the missing plate ,as they are drooling while checking out the entire car... of course if you bring unwanted attention to yourself,expect the worse,including not having a front plate

Just keep your plate handy,apolgise to the officer tell him you didnt want to restrict the flow of air because Z's have notorious cooling issues.

That or forget how your car looks an put the plate on , but let the dealership know what mounting system you want incase you dont want to drill holes.
40th370z is offline   Reply With Quote