View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #139 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon-azz View Post
Really good intel. I salute you sir! ok, so after reading your post, I happened to go by the auto store and just happen to catch a bottle of polish that is suppossed to be for Dark colored cars? Scam? Is there such a thing. I've never bought any, just noticed the adverticement. I've been using stuff from Griots for years. Worked well so far.

Thanks again for all your time and support.
That sounds like that "Black Box" product by Turtle Wax. Basically, that stuff is black shoe polish in a bottle. You have to wear gloves when you use it or your hands will turn black. No gimmick there, it is definitely made for black cars. It is about the most worthless crap you could ever put on your car and black shoe polish would work just as good, just as long and is a LOT cheaper. You couldn't give me that crap for free. It only last so long because it is full of fillers and washes off after a few washes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
My current plan is to put 4 2-bar fluorescent lights on the ceiling, and eventually put at least 2 more bars horizontally mounted on the walls in the garage. Preferably with a separate switch for both. I was thinking of putting the ceiling lights in the corners of he ceiling angled 45 degrees towards the center, but that might just be a little pointless complexity.
As long as you incorporate the mix I explained, you should be okay.