View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
scruffydog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Powercoating color question for Sport Package Rays

So for my 30th birthday present my gf decided to surprise me and powdercoat my wheels but I'm glad she ended up telling me the surprise before actually doing it because she didn't want to do it wrong.

I have a Magnetic Black 370z with Sport Package Rays wheels and I've always liked the look of the hyperblack wheels. But as a browsed at serveral websites, I noticed that some angles i dunno if it's due to the lighting, its super light. I like it dark but not having it look like Gloss Black - to me that just looks cheap as if someone spray painted the rims themselves. So what color should I get? Is there a code? Some pictures I find the 40th anniversary edition a little too light for me, esp during day time.

The other question is what do I do with the center hub cap? There's an emblem either glued to it or something. Since that piece is not metal, I guess it needs to be painted? So has anyone with any luck doing this? Did you mask it or what? Paint or can it be powdercoated with the rims together?

This would be ideal!!!

But it does seem like it's the same as what the actual 40th Anniversary which was released in the US look like:

This seems a little light for me during day time....so is this called hyperblack?

Ideally, i would want my car to look a little bit more like what they do with... LF-A, GT-R, Italia, IS-F, or even the current RX-8. I think they're a little darker.

Thank you in advance for helping out a buddy.
scruffydog is offline   Reply With Quote