View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #136 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Junkman - cant believe I didnt find this thread until now, and I've been here for years....

So I'm finally getting a house with a garage, and I want to get back into detailing. I'm looking for some good lighting setups to get some inspiration on how I want to wire my garage - maybe you have some info for me? Thanks in advance if so!
I don't have any specifics, only suggestions. You want your lighting overhead AND on the walls at door molding level. You want your lights on a totally different circuit than any of your power tools circuits. You want at least 1, 20 amp outlet, and enough outlets placed strategically so that you don't have to use any extension cords if possible. Now having bright lights is important but you also want to have some regular incandescent lights also. It is much easier to see swirls using a low light source when it is up high. Very bright lights will sometime wash out that ability, especially when they are close to your subject. By killing the bright lights and inspecting the car with incandescent lights, you will be surprised at how easy the swirls show.