Thread: UpRev tuned!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
AlphaSnacks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 XKR-S, '10 370Z
AlphaSnacks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
when you dyno it is under full throttle......when you tune it is under full throttle....Reason being they LEAN it out cause as yous stated yourself, it is rich down in the 11's. They lean it out to create power. MY personal AFR at full throttle am at 11.5 all the way through from 2k all the way up to 7800. I am rich through my entire powerband at full throttle which is what we are talkin about. FULL THROTTLE RUNS! Dunno if his tuner actually messed with normal driving tune. My tuner will be tuning for full throttle and daily driving which is what all tuners should be.

Haha, cool. I think we were on two different pages before. I get what you're saying now.

Just to clarify my statements, if you noticed a few posts up, I was talking about daily driving and lower-end power improvements, granted I did mention dynos and such so I understand the confusion. Though, I was talking about the overly lean tendencies of the mixture from the factory under normal driving conditions, and even WOT in the low-end, which can be seen in your dyno chart as the mixture starts out in the 16s or so (?) and declines. But yeah, now that we're on the same page I understand what you meant.

Nissan's tuned the motor oddly low-end and high-end. Clearly, as your chart shows, the mid-range tends to need the least work with these cars. Ah well.

Any drawbacks to running it closer to high-11s like you are? How does it feel once the oil is up to temp and intake temperatures increase? One thing I've noticed is that these motors don't like their timing messed with, I did some minor tweaking of the timing with UpRev's personal assistance and the motor did not respond well to it at all once the oil temps were 180 (I have an oil cooler). When the car is cool or the weather is cold, it ran fantastic, but other than that...the ECU begins to pull so much timing the car practically felt like it was in limp mode. No throttle, no power, nothing. UpRev discarded that tune and I flashed it to my current ROM with an idle adjustment to 850RPM added.

Last edited by AlphaSnacks; 04-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.
AlphaSnacks is offline   Reply With Quote