Thread: UpRev tuned!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
I was under the impression VQs are better off running ~12.5:1 mixture, as opposed to anything leaner. And that factory is a bit lean with 14s in the low-end and mid to make the car more fuel efficient...but tuning it to a mixture ~12s adds considerably more power down low, thus making the car more aggressive in every day driving. It only hits 11s and 12s under WOT when you're approaching redline. Anything below the 5500RPM mark, and you're 15s 2-3K RPM, 14s 3-4K RPM, and 13s 4-5K RPM.

If that is not the case, then why does nearly every dyno chart and tuner strive to hit an AFR in the 12s for VQs? I'm not trying to be an ***, btw...I'm legitimately curious.
when you dyno it is under full throttle......when you tune it is under full throttle....Reason being they LEAN it out cause as yous stated yourself, it is rich down in the 11's. They lean it out to create power. MY personal AFR at full throttle am at 11.5 all the way through from 2k all the way up to 7800. I am rich through my entire powerband at full throttle which is what we are talkin about. FULL THROTTLE RUNS! Dunno if his tuner actually messed with normal driving tune. My tuner will be tuning for full throttle and daily driving which is what all tuners should be.

chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote