Thread: Oil Overheat
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboydiddy View Post
i know i don't have no oil problems. I've checked my oil a few times. i did it today as well, just to make sure and the oil reads btw L and H. i haven't driven the car all day today, since yesterday 4pm actually.
the day my oil reader was above 220F i was driving the entire day literally. speeding almost the whole day as well. i turned off the car for maybe 4-6 hours only but the rest of the day hours i was driving and driving it.
when i do my daily drives from home to work and school it never goes over 220F, doesn't even reaches 200F.
so im wondering if thats normal to be extremely hot since i drove it a lot.
also what can be caused by oil overheating.
Combustion, friction and external temperature all drive oil temperatures. The 370Z runs hot. An oil cooler helps a great deal, but if you drive your car normally, there should not be a problem.