View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #47 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
another reason why VVEL isnt that good.
my opinion is it generate too much heat !
so they propably went with the HR head....

im still waiting for more info about that before I do the same since I still have my backup HR when I had my 350z.
Heat isn't the biggest factor, the problem is when you want valve specs outside the range of what VVEL is capable of. In a race-car VVEL is useless as it purpose is to broaden the torque curve at the low RPM's, where as race-engines are only run at high RPM's. The answer is a straight cam designed for 5-8k rpm, but you need the HR heads for this. For a street car that see's some track VVEL still performs great and helps forgive sins if you aren't in the perfect gear every corner.

I do agree about the Nissan Motorsports Parts list though. You can find many of the parts online but they aren't always properly categorized so you don't even know what car they are for! A proper catalog of their (non-warrantied) parts like Mazda does would be great. It would also be great if they had a broader racer's program allowing you to buy the parts at a discount, Mazda did this right and is a very popular track car as a result.

Sorry for going off-topic ... back to your regularly scheduled program!

The Doran Nismo RC car looks great!