View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Valentino
Enthusiast Member

Drives: SOLD 09,370z,M6
Valentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond reputeValentino has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulation on this marvels BBK. You got one of the best. if not the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
What's in the kit: Choice of slotted, drilled or slotted/drilled rotors, calipers, stainless steel brake lines, mintex extreme metallic high-temp pads, all the hardware you need for install. I elected the slotted rotors. Cross-drilled are for looks. Slotted are for heat dissipation and performance.
I don't think cross-drilled are for looks. I think that cold air inter the vent in between the disk,and hot air exits the disk throe the holes. and i also think it's good for wet weather. their lighter too.

cross-drilled also have their down side. they crack.

I don't really want to turn this into a debate. but i searched and found this nice write up Cross Drilled VS Slotted Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
The Stillen link in my OP has the prices. This is an exclusive Stillen kit. Stillen engineering designed the kit in collaboration with AP Racing. Prices are marked down from list, which should help a little. One option for anyone whose budget is tight is to do the front and save rears for future date.

Thanks Steven! Now if I can work out the fuel starvation issue I've been having at the track recently, will be ready to rock!
If a respectable company like Stillen,and AP Racing work on a break kit. "exclusive for the 370z". Why did you have to do modification to correctly fit the break system? Or are they just off the shelf parts that they put together?

Valantino
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote