View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #46 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
While I always want to get into the Grand Am racing, it's downright painful as a spectator to watch the majority of each race (and some finishes) run under caution. Either there are too many cars on track or the drivers need to stop treating these events like bumper cars. True racing fans hate crashes...it's not Nascar where all the good 'ol boys go to see a big pileup!
Hmmm I have always been a true race fan and bumping in my opinion has always been part of road racing in production car classes. I'm tired of sissies who say contact is bad. Crashes are bad but contact happens when you are pushing hard in a big field. It's always been part of racing and has never been reserved just to stock cars. If contact wasn't part of the game why do grand am cars have big push structures built into front and rear? Or at least the smart teams build these into their cars. Lol!

Grand Am is actually pretty calm compared to most similar series in other parts of the world.