Thread: Berk hfc?!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZilverZ View Post
Spray it good with pb-blaster or similar spray and get a set of grip-tite sockets and the job will go well.
Well, I now have HFCs to go with the CBEs. All in all, the job took me less than two hours and the demon bolts were about 40% of the total time. The other bolts on the cats came off like they were just put on but the Demon bolts were somewhat of a challenge. The passenger bolt was accessed from the top with 36" of extensions, a 14mm surface drive socket and a big a$$ breaker bar (all 1/2" square drive). After getting all of these extensions in alignment, the bolt came right out. On the driver side, the same setup was used, but with 3/8" square drives. This is required because of the steering shaft that is right next to the Demon bolt. Unfortunately, this bolt siezed and had to be broken. I was surprised that the bolt broke and not the socket or extension. Replacing the cats was a piece of cake and just bolted back up. Like everyone has stated, plenty of PB Blaster was used, even though it didn't work on the one bolt.

I must say that this was one of the most challenging things I have ever done to a vehicle, but it was so worth it. The sound is absolutely intoxicating, even with the so-called hiss. I don't mind it at all, as it adds a touch of an exotic sound. I have been driving all afternoon with a huge smile on my face .
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote